Issue opening Gnucash file

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 13 10:04:00 EST 2017

Hi,

Well, the last potential issue is that the g_utf8_to_utf16() critical
log message is the cause.  This would imply that there is some non-UTF8
characters in your data file.  How it got into your data file is
unclear, but alas you might need to track that down.

Can you try to open a backup file?  Maybe you can track down when the
errant data occurred?

-derek