Gnucash & macOS High Sierra.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Dec 13 20:32:27 EST 2017

The base currency of the book is completely separate from the LC_MONETARY setting in the environment, so you can have a Euro account and still have LC_MONETARY set to en_GB so that you have dots for the decimal separator.

As for storing 99/100 as ‘0.99’, that’s backwards. GnuCash always stores numbers as rationals and the SX string parser knows how to parse rationals so I think that if you actually write “99/100” in your SX formula it will be locale-safe. You might try switching back to en_GB, editing the SXes to use rationals instead of decimals, and then switch back to fr_FR for the commas (assuming that you actually want to “go native” and use commas for the decimal separator). That should resolve the problem without having to delete and recreate the scheduled transactions.

John Ralls