New User to GnuCash

Jack Slater theilliniguy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 11:57:56 EST 2017

I dropped Quicken finally and have been trying GC for a few days. So far it
seems like a great replacement but I'm a total noob.

My first question:
I did an import from Quicken and I guess I misunderstood the terminology
differences.  When I look at the GC Accounts window - it is a complete
listing of both (what were names in Quicken) Accounts and Categories, now
just all listed as Accounts.

I'd like to get rid of the Categories listings yet retain the "true"
Accounts but want to make sure that if I just delete them, I'm not harming
data "under the hood" so to speak.

I hope I'm approaching the mailing list help process correctly and also
hope to get good enough that I could eventually help others.

Thanks.

Jack in Illinois