New User to GnuCash

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Thu Dec 14 15:38:42 EST 2017

On 12/14/2017 2:10 PM, Jack Slater wrote:
> I think I get what your saying and at this point (a) I have no clue how to
> manage/edit/adjust what I have to that type of structure nor (b) do I know
> enough yet to feel confident in making any changes! LOL..
>
> I'm reconciling my November statement as we "speak" and had to add a few
> account transfer entries - that in Quicken would credit 1 account and
> automatically debit the transfer account. I have non idea how/if I can do
> that in GC!?
>
> Any pointers/help is gladly and thankfully accepted!
>
> On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Fross, Michael <michael at fross.org> wrote:

When you are entering transactions (of any sort) in gnucash or any other
double entry package you are always debiting one account (or accounts)
and crediting one account (or accounts). Whether the second account is
being debited or credited will depend on what you are doing in the first
account (the one you are entering the transactions from). THAT is
automatic using gnucash.

<< the plurals above refer to split transactions which you will learn
about later >>

Michael