gnucash not updating mutual funds

david amaral dejamaral at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 11:19:59 EST 2017

gnucash was working fine and now has stopped updating my investments in mutual funds.i am getting the error message:there was an unknown errorwhile receiving the price quote
These are the version numbers i am working with.Ubuntu 16.04 LTSGnucash 2.6.12Perl5 v5.22.1

I have looked thru some posts and tried different things.
gnc-fq-dump nyse FCNTXno results found for FCNTX
gnc-fq-dump alphavantage FCNTXFinance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:         symbol: FCNTX (deduced)  <===required             date:  ** missing **       currency: ** missing **        etcAs I stated earlier it was working fine and now has stopped. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
I run quicken on my windows machine and gnucash on ubuntu. i am thinking of going to moneydance for both machines if i cant get this fixed.