export general ledger

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 17 21:26:27 EST 2017

On 17/12/2017 19:31, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> I'd like to export the general ledger to a csv file.  When I use File ->
> Export, however, I'm offered a choice of exporting income, expenses,
> assets, or liabilities.  But I'd like to have all transactions in the
> csv file.
>
> I think I see how to do this using python (the example script
> account_analysis.py in the examples is instructive).  But this seems so
> basic I suspect I'm missing something.
>
> Many thanks for any pointers.

May be easier to do a transaction report or similar and copy and paste
that into a spreadsheet.

Alternatively there are a number of scripts that can take gnc files of
some flavour and produce ledger-cli / beancount compatible files which
are generally mores useful than csv files for accounting data anyway.

--
Wm