gnucash coredump gnome

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Dec 19 17:31:43 EST 2017

> On Dec 19, 2017, at 11:20 AM, Cliff McDiarmid <cliffhanger at gardener.com> wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> Just joined.  i have been using Quicken for 24years running under Wine!  It's now time to change, problems with older versions of it.
>
> I'm running Gnome 16.04LTS.  But I have problems with my first foray into Gnucash.  It is coredumping without starting, version 1:2.6.12-1.  Other versions also dump.  I've run it with Strace and the log is attached.  AFAIK all dependencies are satisfied.
>
> Can anyone help here?

Welcome.

At the end of your log is a tantalizing start of an error message from GIO, "Sett...".
Can you look at the tail of the trace file [1] and see if the whole thing is there?
If not, start GnuCash from a terminal, it should show up there.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Trace_File