Gnucash coredump

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 20:35:58 EST 2017

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Cliff McDiarmid <cliffhanger at gardener.com>
wrote:

> Just found this here 'https://lists.gnucash.org/wiki/Slackware'
>
> /usr/bin/glib-compile-schemas usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas >/dev/null 2>&1
>

> Please execute the last command after installation or you will receive
> error like: <GLib-GIO> Settings schema 'org.gnucash.general' is not
> installed
>
> Maybe this is not a fault.  At a terminal all I get is : Trace/breakpoint
> trap (core dumped)
>
> Cliff
>

>From what you said in the other thread, Slackware isn't your distribution.
If you are running Slackware, installing an Ubuntu package would explain
your trouble, because they don't use the same package system.

You mentioned using dpkg in the other thread, and that's the Debian or
Ubuntu command to use when you have either downloaded or compiled
individual packages, but it can be a crude implement -- you may have
accidentally overrode the package manager's recommendations. You will find
apt is much more helpful about making sure all the pieces are in place.

Did you try installing gnucash using the apt command as mentioned in the
other thread? Using the Ubuntu Software tool would work, too.