Church Use of GNUCash

Dale Alspach alspachde at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 17:17:51 EST 2017

If you are in the US, I suggest treating temporarily restricted funds
and permanently restricted funds differently. (I do not know much about
church accounting but if you must report to the IRS as a non-profit,
your account structure should make this reporting convenient.) If you
have several of these I would create a subaccount called Temporarily or
Permanently Restricted Funds and put these as subaccounts of that.

Whoever setup the bank accounts for the church may have expected some
segregation of funds would be needed so this may already be implicit in
the physical setup. In any case because church records are often seen by
many (elders, trustees, etc.) I would get the word restricted into the
account hierarchy of names.

Dale