Receipt scanners, recommendations?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 16:45:30 EST 2017

Aaron,

I think it’s just a file URI link. The scans themselves have to be stored on their own in the file system. They images/pdf et cetera aren’t stored in the db. (the default XML I don’t think could handle that anyway)

There shouldn’t be any memory issues in that respect.

I was using the feature a few years ago, but when I discovered there was no indicator of an attachment and no way to correct or change the URI or even remove an attachment, I stopped using it. I think these features have been added, but I thought they weren’t going to be published till 3.0. If they are available now, I’ll certainly start using it again.

I use a Brother ADS-2500W but that’s in the $600 price range. (awesomely fast for multi-page scanning - about 50pp/minute or so) I think they have a cheaper model out now that might suffice. Their linux and Mac drivers work well and the OCR was acceptable.

Regards,
Adrien