Receipt scanners, recommendations?

Michael DeBusk mdebusk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 17:58:56 EST 2017

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 2:42 PM, jeffrey black
<beastmaster126 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> receipts and would like to go paperless by storing the images in
> GnuCash.  My flatbed scanner works but; is not a reasonable option.

I've had great success with cell-phone-based scanner applications. My
friend, productivity guru Stever Robbins, introduced me to the idea.
Here's his article/podcast on the topic:
http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/productivity/organization/how-scanning-apps-can-organize-your-life

Stever's an Apple guy. I'm on Android and Linux. I've tried:

* https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appxy.tinyscanner

* https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplescan.scanner

* https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.docs

I've heard of people making the Google Drive app work, and I recommend
trying it, but I couldn't get a clear scan with it. Both of the first
two work very well.