Could not obtain the lock

moirag at web.net moirag at web.net
Thu Dec 28 13:20:18 EST 2017

Hi, friends,
Sorry for going AWOL - I couldn't put any time into this issue until the
holidays.  I have figured it out!!  My anti-virus (a thing called
Bitprotector that is provided by Best Buy, where I got the laptop) blocked
guncash from doing something.  I discovered this completely by accident,
when I was downloading a movie from Cineplex and Bitprotector blocked it
and sent me to a window to tell it whether to unblock it ... and there was
gnucash also listed as blocked!!  Bitprotector had never told me about
that. So, I unblocked it and voila! Now gnucash works again.

Whew!
Moira