Price Quotes - problem getting current values

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 00:43:57 EST 2017

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com>
wrote:

> Hi Y'all,
>
> I just tried to obtain the current prices for my investments using the
> Price Editor --> Get Quotes
>
> The response was:
>
> There was an unknown error while retrieving the price quotes.
>
> How do I correct the problem?
>
> I am running Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS with GnuCash 2.6.12
> (This copy was built from rev ed11f6d+ on 2016-04-18.)

There is a section in the FAQ that covers this:

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_fix_a_.22system_error.22_or_.22unknown_error.22_when_getting_stock_quotes.3F

Note that the Finance Quote functions have been discussed a LOT on this
list over the past few months due to circumstances outside of GnuCash
developers' control. After you read the sections in the FAQ, if your
installation is still misbehaving, you might also check the archives for
this email list