Business check formats

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 3 11:52:13 EST 2017

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017, david.carlson.417 wrote:

> You still might want to make a dummy check to see if large numbers and
> long names fit.

David,

   I've found the print check function in the File menu and employee/vendor
payment options under the Business -> Vendor and Employee menus, but need to
read the appropriate sections of the help and guide docs this weekend.

   Printing a test check from File -> Print check I learned that the default
3-part check with the check on top is what I need. But, I need to move the
name and address down a few millimeters so they display properly in the
window envelope and have space from the written amount above them. But, the
options tab where adjustments can be made is greyed out and I'm not finding
how to make it accessible.

   Also, for what it's worth, the written amount is missing a couple of zeros
at the end; it my test check that line reads, "zero and 00/1" rather than
"zero and 00/100".

   When I get the format tuned I'll print a large amount and ensure it fits
on the written amount line.

Thanks,

Rich