Date fields in gnucash sqlite database

Keith keith at kjbean.plus.com
Sat Feb 4 10:57:34 EST 2017

I am extracting data directly from the database using SQL queries.
Although I have no problems with any other fields, I have some
difficulties with dates. The date fields are just text strings and easy
enough to manipulte apart from the fact that there the last six digits
are a timestamp. In the post_date field, the timestamp is usually 230000
but is sometimes 000000. When it is 230000 the YYYYMMDD part of the
field is one day early compared with the date shown on screen or in
standard reports. When it is 000000 the YYYYMMDD portion is correct. I
can't see any pattern justifying these variations. Can anyone explain
them to me please?

Thanks

Keith