Business reports questions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 7 12:26:41 EST 2017

Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

> On Tue, 7 Feb 2017, David T. wrote:
>
>> I meant to say that the developers are few in number, and the reports are
>> not the top priority for them at this time. No one specifically has
>> stepped up to tackle the Reports area, as it has a number of significant
>> needs.
>
> David,
>
>   What's the widget set used for the UI?

GnuCash uses Gtk2 for the main widget.
The reports use WebkitGTK for display.
Each report run outputs HTML that gets loaded into WebKit.
There are some consistent tools for report writers, but there is no
guarantee that they were used.  Moreover, some of the older reports were
not necessarily refactored/upgraded when new report tools we made.