Creating custom business A/P check layout

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 7 16:23:10 EST 2017

   Perhaps a more experienced GnuCash business user can save me time
fine-tuning the layout of checks.

   To configure the text printing positions of my business A/P checks I
selected the Custom type, carefully measured distances for needed text
strings, named the custom format, then saved it.

   When I printed a sample check it had several strings whose positions
needed adjusting. But, I cannot adjust them when I select the saved format
because now the positional option dialog is both non-editable and has zeros
in each position rather than the ones I entered.

   So, I need to start from scratch again with a new custom format, NOT
save it, and see if I can print a check and continue adjusting. It would be
a real time saver if a named and saved custom layout could be edited rather
than totally redone.

   Has anyone a more efficient way to do this?

Thanks,

Rich