Business reports questions

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Feb 8 04:50:29 EST 2017

Op dinsdag 7 februari 2017 09:33:07 CET schreef Rich Shepard:
> On Tue, 7 Feb 2017, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > The vast majority of GnuCash is written in C.
>
> Derek,
>
>    I thought so, but looked only at the reports directory.
>
> > However, I should point out that the reason for tabs being on top vs. down
> > the side is purely based on the number of pages. Once it reaches a certain
> > threshold the options dialog (which *IS* written in C, by the way) moves
> > the tabs from top to left.
>
>    This makes sense. Perhaps in a future version all options could be on the
> left for consistency. The difference stood out when I prepared monthly
> financial reports for my accountant.

When time is right to rework the report system, this will certainly be
considered. It won't make it in the 2.8 development cycle though due to lack
of time.

>    I thought if it was a widget set with which I'm familiar (wx and
> Qt) I would offer trying to make them look the same.

Well at some point this knowledge will certainly come in handy. Earlier
discussions on the future of gnucash tentatively settled on exactly one of
those two gui toolkits to go with the c++ rewrite. Again this will not make it
for the 2.8 development cycle but it will most likely somewhere in the future.

Regards,

Geert