Paylist

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 20:47:24 EST 2017

Re: Custom Reports

I think that the most appropriate custom report would display a Transaction
Report as a multicolumn report (one column per account, one row per
transaction). I was hoping for a long time that this grid-type report would
be available within the Standard Reports. The gnucashxml module is a
derivative (with permission) from another user and can decode the XML data
files. It wouldn't be difficult to make it SQL compatible and use piecash
instead. Tested on python3

I made this script to produce my quarterly BAS (GST collected/paid &
claim/send tax office) reports.

https://github.com/christopherlam/gnucashxml/blob/master/reports/multicolumn.py

Outputs as CSV which converts to spreadsheet as follows:
Date,         Income:Salary, Asset:Bank,  Expense:Tax Withheld, Description
20-01-2016,   -1000,         800,         200,                  Payslip
January
20-02-2016,   -1000,         800,         200,                  Payslip
February

etc.