Report to locate Unrealized Gains

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 02:07:04 EST 2017

  On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 8:31, John Ralls<jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

On Feb 7, 2017, at 7:38 AM, David T. via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

In other words, the Balance Sheet report was off by the total fees, reduced by the initial cost basis

What were the counter-accounts for the commissions and fees?
Regards,John Ralls

I'm not at my computer right now, but I believe they are something like:
Expenses:Investment Expenses:CommissionsExpenses:Investment Expenses:Fees
Although I'm not sure what effect that would have on the situation. As you've noted elsewhere, it's not like the program could know that commissions and fees are part of the calculation, or from which accounts those charges originate. Or can it?
David