A cruicial GNUCash feature that is missing, but easy to implement for budgets

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Feb 16 04:08:07 EST 2017

Op donderdag 16 februari 2017 07:30:50 CET schreef Peter Jackson:
> I use Windows 10. I simply dropped ytd-budget.scm into "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\gnucash\share\gnucash\scm\gnucash\report\standard-reports",
> re-started Gnucash,
> and the report was available in Reports, Budget.

While probably the easiest way, it's not recommended. It goes against the
privileges separation that is encouraged in all modern operating systems.
A user should ideally never manually alter anything under c:\Program
Files(x86) directly. That's the realm of installers.

And that's why an alternative approach was implemented as described  here:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/
Custom_Reports#Load_the_report_from_a_user_account

I'm aware it's slightly more cumbersome as it's currently implemented.

Geert