"Hidden" option in the accounts edit window DANGEROUS -- don't use it

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Sat Feb 18 06:40:31 EST 2017

On 2/18/2017 4:53 AM, Ken Heard wrote:

> GnuCash does not have an annual transfer of balances in revenue and
> expense accounts to a profit and loss account.  If it did these
> accounts could be safely deleted.

It does if you want it to. Just because most of us are not doing a
"close the books" operation does not mean that gnucash does not support
this << either manually** or with the built in "close" facility >>

Michael D Novack

** I feel I have to include that because you described going through a
"profit and loss" account as an intermediate on the way to equity << P&L
is a temporary account of fundamental type equity >>  I believe that the
built in facility will go directly to equity.