problem changing parent of stock account

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 18 20:32:52 EST 2017

Good evening,

I have a situation tht is being dictated by my stock brokerage.

I need to change the parent of a stock I own to a new account. This is
what I have done:

--existing set up--
old parent
	stock	3400 shares

new parent

--new set up --
old parent

new parent
	stock	3400 shares

If i change the parent using edit account stock from old parent to new
parent, the accounts reflect the change. However the the stock no longer
appears on the balance sheet.

WHY???

There are no financial transactions involved, simply a change to where
the stock appears in my accounts.

What have I done wrong/failed to do here???

I am running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and GnuCash 2.6.12
--
Jay Ridgley
jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Registered Linux User ID - 9115