What purpose is served by the Account Code field?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Feb 19 09:30:57 EST 2017

Op zondag 19 februari 2017 06:16:36 CET schreef David T. via gnucash-user:
> Dorel,
> That was not my thought at all; I use account codes as well. I sincerely
> doubt it would get removed.  Ken's comments missed my point as well. I was
> noting some of the potential issues that his discovery underscored for me.
> That the tree view breaks down when the color column is leftmost is a
> design issue that developers might be interested in knowing.

It's good to know indeed. I don't have time to research this right now. Please
file it as a bug report to be reminded of later. I have a gut feeling though
tis may well be a bug in the underlying gtk library we depend on for our
graphical interface. Only more thorough investigation can prove this correct
or wrong.

Regards,

Geert