Setting up automated subscription/invoices

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 12:30:32 EST 2017

When I was treasurer for my makerspace, I worked by making an invoice per
member, per month, usually in advance. That way, their monthly payments get
assigned to their oldest, unpaid, month by default, and excess payments get
applied to future invoices as desired.

It's a bit of a pain adding 50 invoices a month, so what I ended up trying
to do was to import the invoices from a CSV file that I could generate from
our membership database. The idea (not fully implemented) was to be able to
generate on the 1st of the month a CSV file containing all the membership
invoices for the month and import them that way.

The membership application that I was working on for our makerspace is at
https://github.com/ithacagenerator/IGMembers if you want to look at it.
It's in the form of a Rails application. Feel free to fork it if you find
it useful. We haven't worked on it in a couple of years, but we may start
working on it again.