Can GnuCash handle inventory items?

Martin Mainka Internet at mainka-it.de
Sun Feb 19 23:05:39 EST 2017

Am 2/19/2017 um 10:19 AM schrieb __:
> as John said GC is not the ideal fit for such. You might want to take
> a look at ERPNext which is a pretty user friendly OpenSource ERP
> system which you can even get a free hosted instance for single
> entrepreneurs (www.erpnext.com)
>

> On 2/18/17, Michael Felkins <mfelkins at scr-design.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a small business (just me), but I'm going to be selling products
>> to different customers.  Does GnuCash have a inventory database
>> feature?  Some way that I can input my different productions, track
>> inventory, etc...
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Mike

I manage abt 20 different sorts of rice with stock account. For each new
product i have to define a new security and produce a new account. It
works, but for example is not connected to the business feature of
writing bills to customers. I am just using it to keep track of the
values in my storage rooms.

Martin