Edit Scheduled Transaction: debits/credits labels backward

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Mon Jan 2 14:28:00 EST 2017

Using GnuCash 2.6.13, when editing a new scheduled transaction I see the
following odd behaviour.

In the Template Transaction tab, the spreadsheet see first is for editing
the description and notes.  The funds columns on the right hand side are
(from left to right) "Tot Funds In" and "Tot Funds Out".

When I move down to the action row for the transaction, the funds columns'
labels change to "Debit Formula" and "Credit Formula" respectively.

The meanings reverse themselves.

I'm setting up automated transfers from a bank account to sub accounts to
reserve funds for projects.  If I set up a debit of 800.00 from
Assets:Current Assets:Chequing Account to credit
"Assets:Current:Assets:Chequing Account:Reserved Fund" 800.00, when I run
the transaction it does the reverse.

Viewing the scheduled transaction it goes back to showing me the Tot Funds
In/Out and that shows funds moving from Reserved Fund to Chequing Account
(which is what actually happened).

This looks like a field labelling bug when editing the action in a
scheduled transaction.