Change to mortgage P&I caused by extra payment

Lincoln A Baxter lab at lincolnbaxter.com
Tue Jan 3 21:36:42 EST 2017

On Tue, 2016-12-27 at 10:01 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> What I do is just ignore the GnuCash P/I split and manually adjust it
> when I get my monthly bill.

Or, if you want to be more "lazy," you could just wait for your year
end tax statement from the bank, and adjust things once per year...
which is what I do.

It all depends on how much it is worth the effort to correct a small
inaccuracy that the year end statement can be used to true up.  The
only time it really matters in my mind is when I'm preparing my taxes
for the year.

:-)

Lincoln