Limits of gnucash

david.carlson.417@gmail.com david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 17:10:14 EST 2017

    There is no simple measure of "limits".  Yes, GnuCash does keep the entire file in memory, but, as you know, your computer automatically swaps pages of memory between RAM and nonvolatile memory as needed.
I just purchased a new computer with 8Gig Ram and a I7 cpu ant it still cranks pretty slow on my data file in Windows 7.  On the other hand an 8year old Dell tower with only 2 G of Ram running Linux runs a lot faster.
David C
Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

------ Original message------From: Balazs GaalDate: Mon, Jan 9, 2017 3:41 PMTo: gnucash-user at gnucash.org;Subject:Limits of gnucash
Can anybody let me know what the limits of gnucash are?I have read in an earlier post to this list that gnucash keeps the transactions in memory. Any guess, how many transactions can be handled on a windows-10 PC (64 bit) with 4GB memory?Any other practical limits e.g. due to icreased response time, etc?RegardsBalazs Gaal_______________________________________________gnucash-user mailing listgnucash-user at gnucash.orghttps://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user-----Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.