Limits of gnucash

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 06:37:34 EST 2017

A quick examination of my file yields the following:

10 years data
Compressed XML: 3.4 Mb

805 Accounts
22079 Transactions
51006 Splits

Macbook Pro Retina 2012, 16Gb RAM, 250Gb SSD

Loads in 30 seconds.

David C.’s data file is approximately 60% larger than mine by disk size, so that suggests:

~40,000 transactions
~85,000 splits

HTH,
David T.