Importing accounts/data as CSV

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 13 08:34:17 EST 2017

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017, John Ralls wrote:

> No, not really. For your purposes there's no useful difference, so pick
> whichever CSV conversion tool works better for you.

John,

   There are very few I found that I'd consider. Since the file format for
QIF is well documented on wikipedia and the OFX spec seems more complex and
not immediately seen (I did not follow the web page's link to the specs),
I'll write an awk or python program to convert the CSV to QIF.

> More generally they each have strengths and weaknesses, but more generally
> one is stuck with whatever the source one wants to use exports.

   Jgnash exports only CSV, one account at a time.

Thanks very much,

Rich