GnuCash is safe. Was re: How safe is GnuCash?

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 15:21:39 EST 2017

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 1:25 PM elfrinjo <devops at elfrinjo.de> wrote:

> Hi there, I just registered to comment on this issue; so please excuse this
> post is in the wrong position of the thread.
>
> I think a git based solution to this Problem works (almost) perfectly.

I think the problem is not sufficiently defined enough to develop a
git-based solution.

As near as I can tell it, the initial question was "is gnucash safe enough
to satisfy an auditor". Without a good definition of "safe", and without
hearing the actual requirements of the auditor, it's hard to answer.

MIke Novak has pointed out, many times when this question has come up now
and in the past, that the only way to ensure total security of any system,
GnuCash or others, is to periodically make snapshot copies of the books
stored in securely outside the control of any potential malfeasor.