Importing invoices

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Jan 16 04:51:12 EST 2017

Op maandag 16 januari 2017 00:14:06 CET schreef GoodNamesGone:
> Really, does it have to be THAT complicated? And don't give me the "it's an
> open source - therefore deal with it" argument. - because, maybe give it a
> tier - I will certainly pay for it rather than spend weeks trying to figure
> this thing out, or spending 1.5 hours a week manually typing in invoice
> details - that is 72 hours a year!!
> If one wants to import 3 columns from excel into the invoice section,
> GNUCash will crash. That's ridiculous.
> The parsing/import does NOT work. I even hired a guy - and he couldn't get
> it to work. So, is there an alternative import?

Hi,

I'm sorry the process caused you so much frustration.

On the other hand, if you would give us some more details about what you tried
*exactly*, perhaps with a sample import file for illustration, it would be
more likely you get some help with your current problem.

As for the "open source" argument, that is rarely raised on this list. In fact
only when people express unreasonable expectations.

Regards,

Geert