A crucial GNUCash feature that is missing, but easy to implement for budgets

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Jan 17 06:40:21 EST 2017

Op maandag 16 januari 2017 19:23:15 CET schreef David J. Bakeman:
> On 01/16/2017 05:26 PM, Steven Miller wrote:
> > Sorry to keep spamming the list, but I think I almost got it.  I figured
> > out that it is reading the config.user  under .gnucash directory.  The
> > config.user  has the following line:
> >
> > (load "/home/guardian/.gnucash/reports/ytd-budget.scm")
> >
> > note:  guardian is the user name.
>
> The last piece is checking the gnucash.trace file in /tmp and the errors
> there when I tried to load ytd-budget.scm led me to add this line to the
> module loading part of ytd-budget.scm:
>

> (use-modules (gnucash core-utils))  This is the line I added it after
> (use-modules (gnucash gettext))
>
> All I can say is after that there were no more errors in the trace file
> and YTD Budget Report shows up in the Budget reports menu.  I've never
> used budgets so I didn't test further.
>
> I think that the gettext module was part of a different module in the
> past or maybe the future I'm on an old 2.6.6 gnucash...

Good catch!

That is indeed what changed in the development of gnucash 2.6. I had to move
some libraries around to get gnucash working properly with guile 2.0. All
reports included in gnucash obviously were updated, but external reports
aren't. The trace file posted earlier on this conversation already gave it
away really, but I missed it myself :(

Thanks for spotting this David J. !

Geert