Confused on a split deposit transaction with cash back

kaloa kaloa.devine at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 16:44:58 EST 2017

I'm very new to both accounting and Gnucash, I can not get this to
work....I've got 2 seperate checks, with 100 cash taken at time of deposit.

bonus check for         667.63
regular paycheck for 1032.98
Total                       1700.61
Cashback                  100.00

If I use the 1700.61 total without accounting for the cashback, I'm 100 off
in my register, the bank only shows 1600.61 as the actual deposit..how to
account for the 100 cash? The 100 cash keeps popping into both columns..
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4689022/Screenshot_2017-01-18_15.png>

For now I've given up on sorting it and just put in a 1600.61 deposit