replaying log files

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 03:14:51 EST 2017

John Griessen wrote on Thursday, 19 January, 2017 02:38 PM:
> The script I ran to get in this fix has always been used after exiting gnucash in the past:

As an alternative, you might consider using the 'find' command instead, which will let you select files over a certain age. Something like

find /path/to/directory -name '*gnucash*gnucash' -mtime +7
find /path/to/directory -name '*gnucash*log' -mtime +7

will list all files over 7 days old. When that's displaying the correct files, append the -delete flag to get rid of them. (PS. obviously backup before testing this out!) eg.

find /path/to/directory -name '*gnucash*gnucash' -mtime +7 -delete

There's also an option within gnucash to only keep files of a certain age, which will do the same thing. Look in Preferences > General > Retain log/backup files. For xx days