company dorector's personal Credit Card - how to track/account for in Company gnucash?

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Mon Jan 23 10:50:20 EST 2017

On 1/23/2017 6:44 AM, __ wrote:
> we have a director of the company who has a personal credit card which
> in 90% of payments is being used for company expenses.
>
> generally I'd put is as a sub-account of that person's expenses (with
> is a liability account)
> My challenge is that I want to track all movements of that Credit Card
> even though some of which are non-company related personal expenses.
> Is there any way to do this right?
>
> looking forward to suggestions
I am not an accountant. I think the CORRECT way to handle this is to
forget for a moment that this is one of the directors. Treat it just
like if any other employee of the company used personal funds for a
business expense and so had to put in for a "reimbursement". The fact
that a credit card was used (as opposed to a check or cash) not relevant.

This isn't quite the same situation as when the proprietor of a sole
proprietorship or a partner of a partnership does it (and so there is a
"drawing" account). In that case, SMALL (incidental) amounts might be
treated as a "negative draw" (for really large amounts, best consult a
professional, as might be considered "an additional investment")

Michael D Novack