gnucash

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Mon Jan 23 17:18:31 EST 2017

On 1/23/2017 2:58 PM, Alex Aycinena wrote:

>> hi is it possible to merge 2 books into 1 without entering all the info
>> manually. thanks
>> Deborah McNeil

Awkward to answer something like this. Gnucash has no facility to do it.
But is it possible? I think I can see how I would go about it, but I am
very experienced tackling ad hoc software tasks* like this. The sort of
thing they used to pay me do (I'm retired).

Michael D Novack

* And no, I do NOT mean by performing any "surgery" on gnucash itself.
Gnucash does have a facility for importing transactions (from a properly
formatted file) so the "ad hoc" program would be creating this file (to
import into set of books B) with the data coming from something that
could be exported from set of books A.