Backend problem

GatwickDP gatwickdp at britmail.net
Tue Jan 24 00:36:14 EST 2017

I do a rather high level of security work as a network eng on Windows networks. I generally do not work with linux and trying to assist a friend for something that not being a programmer- leaves me short. It is my understanding that after 4 years - one loses support on ubuntu versions and then you cannot update the browser or other things. Further there are issues with powerterm and tiny term not wanting to do programs for the newer version of ubuntu in 64 bit. I have tried to convince him to use other emulators, but he seems stuck relative to massive amounts of scripting tha has been created around powerterm.

So tell me what I should learn even though I currently manage some 8500 windows based computers?  It is very simple- why will a gnucash program running on ubuntu not open the files on a mounted drive on win 10 without a backend error. The file structure is an exact mirror of how they sit on the ubuntu machine.