Saving and closing

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 21:11:14 EST 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

>   I'm curious about this GnuCash behavior of apparently saving data twice
> before killing the application. This happens often so it arouses my
> curiosity.
>
>   Just now I entered a cash transaction in the cash account. When finished
> entering data I pressed [Return], then Ctrl-s to save the changed file.
> When
> I then pressed Ctrl-q to exit the application a message box opened asking
> if
> I wanted to save the changes before exiting. It's not a big issue, just a
> matter of curiosity for me.
>
>   This with version 2.6.15.

I just tried this (GnuCash 2.6.15 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) and GnuCash did NOT
behave the way you described -- it closed as expected.

HOWEVER ... after I typed Ctrl-S I waited until the status indicator at the
bottom of the window finished its "writing data" animation before typing
Ctrl-Q.

Could it be that you typed the Save command and the Quit command in rapid
succession?