Flickering in reports

John Haiducek jhaiduce at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 19:16:34 EST 2017

On 01/28/2017 08:12 PM, Aaron Laws wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 28 January 2017 at 17:57, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I didn't see any flickering until I tested a new zoom option I was
>>> implementing. While playing with this option, I also got the flickering
>>> at
>>> some point. I could always make it stop by resizing the gnucash window. I
>>> sometimes had to keep dragging the window border up/down/left/right for a
>>> second or two and then the report stabilizes. Perhaps this workaround
>>> helps others too.
> It appears for me when I'm viewing a chart that is bigger than the gnucash
> window. I agree that it doesn't seem like a hardware issue because the
> flickering is slow. It appears to be redrawing the report over and over. If
> it was an hardware problem, I would expect fast flickering. I also resize
> my window to big enough, and that solves the flickering.

The workaround works for me in certain cases. I have some reports that
include tables, that are too long to fit on my screen, and for those the
flickering continues for a long time regardless of how I size the
window. For the others, the flickering occurs for 1-3 cycles if the
chart is larger than the window, and resumes again if I resize the
window to smaller than the size of the chart.

John