About the Chinese report

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 30 10:50:14 EST 2017

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding..

徐继哲 - Xu Jizhe <xujizhe at xujizhe.com> writes:

> 在 2017年01月27日 23:33, Derek Atkins 写道:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 徐继哲 - Xu Jizhe <xujizhe at xujizhe.com> writes:
>>
>>> BTW, to the mailman of the mailing list, I couldn't join the mailing
>>> list still, and wrote to the gnu-cash-owner, could you please help to
>>> subscribe me? thank you so much.
>> How did you attempt to subscribe to the list?  Did you attempt by email
>> to the -request list, or via the web?
> via the web.

Hmm.  Do you know when exactly you did this?  If you can give me a
date/time I can go look in the logs.  It's *possible* that the mail loss
happened across the server migration (I did accidentally lose a few
dozen outgoing emails).

>> I am pretty sure the mailman owner did not receive any messages from
>> you, but I'll check again.
> I'll forward my email to you.

Ah.  You sent it to the list owner, not to "mailman".  That's why I
didn't see it.

>> I do see one message from you to the mail server (Jan 25 at 20:06), and
>> that there were three messages sent from the mail server to you, Jan 25
>> at 20:06 (most likely a reply to the first message), and then Jan 27 at
>> 05:51, and again Jan 27 at 10:28 (all times in US/EST).
> OK, and I saw the welcome email of the mailing list, thank you.

That was Liz, the list administrator, who manually added you to the
list.

I'd still like to try to figure out why the original subscription
failed.