git pull on repo, local changes?

John Whitmore arigead at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:08:42 EST 2017

I've built GnuCash from source on my Linux machine, installing to /opt using a
prefix in the build process. That was weeks ago and I decided that I'd better
pull, for recent goodness, and build again.

I'm hit with a rather long list of local changes when I try to 'git pull' have
I done something wrong or should those files be in a .gitignore file?

$ git status | more

On branch maint
Your branch is behind 'origin/maint' by 22 commits, and can be fast-forwarded.
  (use "git pull" to update your local branch)
Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

	modified:   ChangeLog

Untracked files:
  (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)

	gnc-guile
	src/app-utils/app-utils.go
	src/app-utils/business-options.go
	src/app-utils/business-prefs.go