Fw: Serious program installation problem

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Jan 30 14:26:38 EST 2017

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your trouble during gnucash installation. I haven't heard
this before.

Contrary to what you have experienced, gnucash normally does a smooth
transition from one version to the other. The installer should detect a
previous gnucash version and propose to delete it right before installing the
new version (This will only remove the gnucash program, not your data, nor
your preferences).

It's odd you didn't see gnucash in Program Files (x86) after the first
install. It looks like something went wrong there already. Did you run the
installer with administrator privileges ?

As this first installation didn't happen properly, the second attempt failed
to find it and I suppose that's why it didn't propose to delete the old
installation first.

Also I assume because the first install failed for some reason, the
uninstaller had trouble with it as well.

I'm afraid I can't help much to explain why it went wrong though. There is not
enough information in your mail for this.

Regards,

Geert