USA online banking

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jul 3 19:12:41 EDT 2017

> On Jul 3, 2017, at 3:48 PM, Kenneth Schneider <kschneider at bout-tyme.net> wrote:
>
> It just occurred to me that part of the sign on problem for online banking may be due to the requirement of answers to security questions. Is this handled properly by GC? A prompt should be displayed asking for the answer to the security question requested.

No. If you have security questions then your bank either does OFX WebConnect rather than OFX DirectConnect or it is using a private extension to OFX DirectConnect. AQBanking and therefore GnuCash supports only vanilla OFX DirectConnect.

You can get the OFX specifications from http://www.ofx.net/downloads.html.

Regards,
John Ralls