deleting .log files gnucash financial

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Jul 4 04:08:29 EDT 2017

On Monday, 3 July 2017 19:29:28 BST Carl Hofinga wrote:
> My file dates go back to January 2014. The Preference shows to delete these
> files in 30 days but that does not happen. Is there a faster way of
> deleting these files then one by one?

Hi Carl,

you don't mention your operating system, but I would do the following.

Use Dolphin to navigate to the correct directory.
Press F4 to open a command prompt pane
Type: rm *.log [enter]
type: exit [enter] to close the command prompt.

If you are not using KDE on Linux, then that may all be useless advice to you.

For what it is worth, the "retain log files" prefs work fine for me.

HTH,
Maf.