Error opening file: No such file or directory

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jul 6 12:28:07 EDT 2017

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 5:47 AM, Heather Stevens <hmstevens2016 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Good Afternoon,
> I have just started using Gnu cash. I have created my acounts Hierachy and
> filled in all my opening balances.  This all looks good but I cannot run
> the reports.  I get *Error opening file: No such file or directory    *error.
> What have Idone wrong

What version of GnuCash and what OS/Distro and version?

Does this happen with every report or have you tried only one so far? Does the error message display in a dialog box or in the report tab?

Please attach a trace file [1] from a session after encountering the error.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile