how to balance a loan to a director against expenses made by him?

__ tereque at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 22:59:47 EDT 2017

I have scenario where a company's director has received loans from the
company and wants to balance expenses made by the director (travel
costs, i.e.) against those loans.

The loan and the expenses to be balanced against those are not
directly related (which I assume shouldn't matter)

gnucash accounts involved:

- Liability account:    business expenses made by director
- Asset account:   loans to director
- Expense account:   travel espenses

What logically works is to add transactions between the Asset account
(loan to director) and the Liability account (director's business
expenses account).
Maybe at the end of each month .... does that sound reasonable, or is
there any other best practice for such a scenario?