Transaction report - what are default accounts?

George Riner georgeriner at mycogeo.com
Thu Jul 13 10:59:06 EDT 2017

I've got Gnucash 2.6.17 on Windows 10.

I'm selecting the "Transaction Report" from the Reports menu. This
brings up a blank report. Clicking on the "Options" button, it brings up
the "Transaction Report" dialog box. In the "Accounts" tab it shows the
upper list of accounts and the lower list of "Filter By...". Each of
these lists has a button beneath labeled "Select Default". Thinking that
these buttons might be a reasonable way to select accounts and filters,
I click on the "Select Default" buttons and as far as I can tell,
nothing happens. No selection states change in either list.

What are these "Select Default" buttons supposed to do and where is it
explained? I can't find an explanation of these on-line.

:George