Double Entry History

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Mon Jul 17 17:17:03 EDT 2017

Hi Michael,

This one takes accounting back to 7000BC and traces the major historical
developments from there forward to the GFC in 2010. It would appear that
writing may have developed from ancient accountants methods of keeping
counts of goods traded. The first cheques were written by Arab traders to
China around 900AD and a trader could write a cheque on his account in
Baghdad that would be honoured in China. The Reaissance features heavily in
the development of accounting. Da Vinci's mathematics teacher Luca de
Paciola produced the first known treatise on accounting methds and double
entry. I have really only read the introduction and first chapter which is
an outline of the historical development so far but that has sucked me in.

David

-----
David Cousens